Was so excited after making this!
- A. It was a huge hit with the family! No leftovers, what so ever!
- B. Super Easy and took all of about 15/20 minutes tops!
Give your family a meal with some Asian flare! This is another healthy and super fast meal.
- 2 TBSP Canola Oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 package of lean ground chicken breast (I bought a 16oz. pack and it was gone – fed 2 adults & 2 children)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped (leave kind of chunky – gives nice crunch to the meal) – find in ethnic foods isle with Asian foods
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 TBSP Lite Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 2 TBSP Stir Fry Sauce (find by Asian foods – same for Soy Sauce)
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach (chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 head of Iceburg lettuce or Romaine (Iceburg works better but will get more nutrients from Romaine – your choice – but that’s why I added spinach…)
In a medium to large saute’ pan, add the oil and let warm up. Then add the onions and peppers. Cook until onions are translucent. Add the meat and cook and stir until pink is gone – about 8 minutes or so. Then add the water chestnuts through the spinach. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for about 2 minutes and then set aside so the sauce thickens a bit – about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, if using iceburg lettuce, smack the core of the lettuce on the counter and the leaves will all kind of loosen – may have to cut the core out too. Carefully take one shell of lettuce at a time off. Rinse under cold water and dry really well. Scoop the meat mixture into the center of lettuce shell and then fold up and enjoy. They can get kind of messy but the kids will love them! Very yummy!
Serve with brown rice, a salad and vegetable of your choice!
* Sorry no pic on this one. Will post a pic, the next time I make them!