*Doing 2 crock pot meals this week because Tuesday, I have a meeting in the evening. And on Thursday, I will be out all day on my daughter’s school field trip. Love the crock pot!!!
Most brilliant recipe ever! So simple and versatile and of course, healthy! Mardee shared this one with me on the beach and it was instantly a hit with the family. Thanks Mardee!
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 1.5 lb) – on sale this week at Giant, Giant brand
- 1 16 oz. jar Salsa (we use mild because Jack isn’t into spicy yet) *used Utz’s medium sweet salsa – note the sweet – it was so good!
- Box of taco shells (I prefer organic because no hydrogenated oils) or use whole wheat flour tortilla’s – I put both options out for the family to choose
- A bowl of shredded cheese for toppings – we use 2% sharp cheddar
- Light or fat free sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Black Beans – optional
- I serve with a salad and a side of broccoli for the kids
Pour the jar of salsa into the bottom of your crockpot. If necessary, clean and or trim the chicken (removing any fat) and then place in crockpot.
Cook on low all day – say about 7-9 hours. The chicken will just pull apart, so tender. Drain some of the juice, if desired or just leave it in there. Then everyone gets to make their own soft or hard tacos! Yummy!