Here is a simple and yummy dinner!
- 3/4 – 1 lb. Raw or Cooked Frozen Shrimp, thawed in collinder
- (I use 26/30 count) Shrimp is on sale at Giant this week (20% off – I usually buy the 2 lb. bag)
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cans diced and seasoned tomatoes (get the ones with garlic, onion, etc.)
- Bag of baby spinach
- 1 lb. Fettucine (whole grain or whole wheat)
- Freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
In a large sauce pan drizzle EVOO. Add 2 cans of tomatoes. Once heated through, add the shrimp – should be a slow simmer. If the shrimp are raw, let cook in sauce until they are no longer translucent. They should be pink in color once done. Should take about 5-7 minutes, if that. Watch closely. At the end, add about 1/2 bag of the spinach just until it wilts.
***I added 2 splashes of red wine and grated parmesan (a few shakes) to the sauce. The cheese helped thicken it a bit. Also feel free to add some crushed red pepper to give it some heat. Good for the metabolism!
In the meantime, boil your water and cook the pasta according to directions. Portion out your pasta and ladle the Shrimp marinara sauce over the pasta. Top with freshly grated cheese (your choice).
Serve with a Salad
- Bag of Spring Mix Lettuce
- 8-12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cumber, sliced
- 1/4 can of chick peas (garbanzo beans)
- Top with some gorgonzola or crumbled blue cheese
- For Dressing: Drizzle EVOO, white balsamic vinegar, Sea salt (just a smidge), cracked pepper and garlic powder – it’s light and refreshing!