I have assigned Tuesday’s as “Crock Pot Night” in our house!
Beef N Noodles (recipe, from my mom!)
- 1 package cubed & lean sirloin beef – already cubed and packaged in meat department, (aim for 1.25 – 1.5 lb), trim fat as needed
- 1 medium to large onion, chopped
- 2 TBSP smart balance butter
- 2 large jars of beef gravy PLUS 1 small size jar
- 2 cups water
- 1 package of extra wide whole wheat egg noodles
In medium pot, throw in smart balance, onions and cubed beef. Brown the beef about 10 minutes or so. Transfer contents into crock pot. Add all gravy and water. Simmer on low for 8-9 hours in crockpot. When about to serve, depending on consistency, I usually add a little flour/water mixture to the sauce to thicken it a bit. Some also like to put sour cream in. Totally your preference and how your family will like it best.
Boil egg noodles according to package directions. Ladle Saucy beef over noodles. And serve with a salad to get those veggies in too! We have salad with dinner every night of the week. You can also serve with Rye bread or whichever your preference would be. I also make homemade bread which is super easy and NOT time consuming! Will share recipe at a later date, I promise!